Looking for a delicious and surprising new dessert to serve your friends? Then you have got to try these amazing choc-banana pancake sandwiches! They are gluten and dairy free and they taste amazing!
For your hazelnut spread -
- 450 gm raw hazelnuts
- 1 tsp. Pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. Maple syrup
- 1 tsp. Cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. Sea salt
For your banana pancakes -
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- Coconut butter for cooking
- First prepare your hazelnut chocolate spread by roasting your hazelnuts in your oven at about 180 degrees for about 15 minutes. They burn easily so make sure you keep checking and turning them.
- Allow to cool before using a damp cloth to remove as much of the skins as possible.
- Place in a food processor and blend into a fine powder before adding the remaining ingredients and continuing to blend until a chocolaty paste is formed.
- Set aside and start to prepare your pancakes.
- Mash banana in a medium sized bowl, then add the beaten eggs and sprinkle in the cinnamon. Mix together until well combined.
- Heat some coconut butter in a large non-stick fry-pan, over a medium heat.
- Add 2 or 3 spoonfuls of the batter into the pan and spread them out to make even sized ‘pancake bread’)
- Cook until golden brown before flipping to cook on the other side (approx 2-3 minutes on each side), set aside and continue to cook until they are all cooked (aim for an even amount!)
- Spread you hazelnut chocolate spread over one pancake and the seal it with another!
- They taste amazing with fresh strawberries! Enjoy!