Guacamole is a delicious and easy to make dip that is perfect for any occasion. Yet this recipe is guacamole with a twist, making it packed full of protein as well so that you not only gain all the benefits of essential amino acids, you also feel fuller for longer!
What you will need:
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1-2 jalapenos (optional)
- 1 lime, juice, and zest (You want a juicy lime, or you might need the juice from two)
- 2/3 cup peas (thawed from frozen is fine)
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander/cilantro
- Salt to taste
Making Your Dip:
- Using a broiler, or simply using your gas stove, chargrill your jalapenos until the skin blackens slightly. Place in an airtight container and allow to cool, before removing the skin, top and seeds.
- Place the peas, jalapeno, and coriander into a processor and pulse blend until pureed but still a little chunky.
- In a large bowl, mash the avocado and add the diced onion, lime juice, lime zest. Combine using a wooden spoon, then add the peas from the processor.
- Mix together and then add salt to your tastes.
- Decant it into a smaller bowl and serve with carrot sticks and snow peas!