So here’s the thing right, just because you want to look fit and healthy doesn’t mean you need to survive off bland tasting food and lettuce leaves. I’ve always had the message that getting fit and healthy is a lifestyle change and if you want that change to be sustainable then it needs to be eating tasty foods you enjoy. That’s why in my new F.I.T program I’ve created so many delicious tasty recipes that won’t leave you feeling deprived or hungry. Check out this awesome frittata recipe out of the program. It’s super easy to prepare and can make the perfect, breakfast, lunch or dinner. Eggs are a great source of protein too which makes it a great meal to go with your exercise routine.
2 whole eggs, beaten and seasoned
4 egg whites, beaten and seasoned with the whole egg
2 cups (60g/2.1 oz.) baby spinach
200g (7.1 oz.) mushrooms, sliced
60g (2.1 oz.) feta cheese
1/2 onion, thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
3 tbsp. (45 ml/1.5 fl. oz.) extra virgin coconut oil
Pinch of turmeric
1 sprig flat leaf parsley, stems removed and finely chopped
1 sprig oregano, stems removed and finely chopped (option: rosemary or thyme)
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
2. Meanwhile, add 2 tablespoons of oil to a small saute? pan and place over medium heat. Once the oil is hot add the mushrooms and cook for a few minutes until they start to brown. Add the onions and cook for another few minutes until the onions start to brown. Add the garlic and cook for another minute before adding the spinach. Cook until the spinach starts to wilt. Season with salt and pepper and then remove from heat.
3. Place another saute? pan over low to medium heat. Add some oil and heat up. Whilst pan is heating up, whisk egg and egg whites in a bowl together with the turmeric. Set aside. Add the wilted spinach to to second saute? pan and then add the egg mixture. Cook the frittata on the stove for a few minutes, or until it starts to set.
4. Whilst the frittata is cooking, mix half the fresh herbs with the feta cheese in a bowl.
5. Once the frittata begin to set, sprinkle the cheese and herb mix on top. Place the pan into the oven and let cook for about 12-15 minutes, until the centre is firm. Remove the frittata from the oven.
6. Remove the frittata from the pan and place on a chopping board. Slice up and serve with a healthy side salad of your choice or some slices of avocado
I hope you enjoyed this recipe and think it’s as delicious as I do. I’m going to be sharing more recipes like this weekly on the blog so be sure to check it out or sign up for my newsletter where you can get recipes like this and more delivered straight to your inbox for some meal inspiration.