Chickpea cookies? Yep, you heard right! I know it isn’t a combination that you may have considered or even heard of before, but trust me, it works!
These deliciously moist choc-chip cookies are high in protein and energy, making them an excellent pre-workout snack. Plus they are gluten free and so quick to make, you can whip them up in 20 minutes!
- 400 g tin of chickpeas
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips (70% cocoa or higher is the healthiest choice)
- 1/4 cup nut butter of your choice (peanut butter works really well!)
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- 2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. Baking powder (Gluten free if needed)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees, and prepare a large baking tray by lining it with baking paper.
- Drain and rinse your chickpeas, then pat them dry with a paper towel then put them in a blender along with the nut butter, rice malt syrup, coconut butter, vanilla extract and baking powder. Blend until it becomes dough like.
- Scoop out the dough into a mixing bowl and then add the choc chips, using your hands to mix them in.
- Wet your hands before rolling the dough into little balls and then spread each one out on the baking tray. The batter should make about 10 cookies.
- Bake until golden brown, which should take about 10-14 minutes, depending on your oven.
- Place on a cooling rack to cool, then enjoy! If you have any leftover, you can store them in an airtight container in your fridge to help keep them fresh.