Sometimes you can go all day being healthy and then BAM, 3pm hits and all you want to do is raid the pantry for the closest sweet treat you can get your hands on. But rather then going for a sugar filled snack that will undo all your hard work, then why not try one of these healthy F.I.T chocolate protein balls. This is a high fibre and high protein recipe, perfect as a quick and easy snack to satisfy any sweet tooth craving. Best thing, is there is no processed sugar or additives making it super healthy too. The only problem with these F.I.T. chocolate protein balls is they are so delicious it can be hard to stop eating them. I hope you enjoy.
1 tsp. cinnamon
Water, as required
2 cups pumpkin, uncooked
8 tbsp. coconut flour
120g (4.2 oz.) pea protein, vanilla
3/4 cup dried dates, soaked in water for 20 minutes
1 cup raw almonds
4 tbsp. raw cacao powder
1. Steam the pumpkin in the microwave or a small amount of water until soft.
2. Place all dry ingredients in a food processor and blend until well combined and then put aside in a bowl.
3. Next blend the steamed pumpkin with the soaked date, untill you get a smooth puree.
4. Add the pumpkin and date mixture to the bowl of dry ingredients. The mixture should be a bit sticky, but not wet. If the mixture is too dry, add more water.
5. Once the mixture is ready roll into 24 balls (each serving equals 3 balls). Freeze for 20-30 minutes.
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe as much as I do.