I love pancakes, yet my digestive system doesn’t handle gluten all that well, so this delicious ‘oat-based’ pancake recipe is a great alternative for me. It is also packed full of protein (and flavour), so it is a great way to start off the day!
All you need is:
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1 small, ripe banana (the riper the better!)
- 3 large eggs (yolks removed)
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries (if using frozen, rinse first to remove any ice)
- 1/2 cup oatmeal/quick oats
- 2 tsp. Baking powder
- Coconut oil for cooking
Making the magic:
- Use a processor to blend the oats until they become fine like flour.
- Then add the banana, egg whites, protein powder and baking powder and continue to pulse blend until it forms a smooth batter.
- Fold in the blueberries with a wooden spoon.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat, with a small amount of coconut oil, then pour a small portion of the batter into the pan. Cook for about 1 minute, or until lightly browned, then flip over and cook for half the time on the other side.
- Remove onto a place and continue to cook the remaining of the batter.
- Serve whilst still hot, and enjoy!