Looking for something delicious and different to prepare for your next dinner party? These scrummy gluten free zucchini wrapped chicken bites are really easy to make and look and taste amazing!
You will need:
- 4 large zucchinis
- 1 whole chicken breast (remove any fatty bits)
- 1-2 tsp. Crushed garlic
- 1 tsp. Crushed ginger
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary (1 tsp. Dried also works fine)
- 1 chicken stock cube (I prefer salt reduced)
- Salt and pepper to season
- Olive oil (the amount you need may vary)
- First, use a peeler to thinly slice your zucchinis into long, thin strips. The lay them out on a plate and lightly season one side with salt and pepper.
- Combine your crushed garlic, ginger, stock cube and 1 Tbsp of olive oil in a bowl until a paste is formed.
- Cut your chicken breast into even sized pieces, roughly the size and shape of a small burger patty. (Don’t worry too much if your shapes are unusual!)
- Coat the chicken with the paste and let it marinade for about 15 minutes.
- Wrap each chicken piece in zucchini strips, until well covered, using a toothpick to help fasten them.
- Heat a little olive oil in a skillet over medium to high heat, placing the rosemary sprig in there for flavour. Add as many chicken pieces as you can fit, leaving space so that you can flip them. Cook for about 3-4 minutes, or until it has turned golden brown, then turn and continue to cook on the opposite side until cooked.
- Transfer to serving plate and continue to cook the remaining pieces.
- Serve whilst still warm and enjoy! Yummo!