Are you one of those people who enjoys munching on delicious snacks whilst relaxing in front of your favourite show or movie? I know I am! Yet delicious doesn’t alway have to mean unhealthy! So ditch the buttery, sodium drenched popcorn and put down that bag of jellybeans, I have some seriously delicious snack alternatives for you to try, that are healthy as well as moorish!
Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
This quick and easy protein packed savoury snack is the perfect healthy popcorn alternative!
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (canned is fine)
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 & 1/2 Tbsp Tamari sauce
- 1 tsp. Sesame oil
- 1 tsp. Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- Prepare your oven to 120c and prepare a large flat baking tray.
- Drain the chickpeas then pat them dry with paper towel before putting them in a mixing bowl.
- Combine the remaining ingredients with the chickpeas and toss until they are well covered.
- Spread the chickpeas out on the baking tray and bake for 15 minutes, then turn them and back them for a further 10-15 minutes, or until crunchy.
- Allow to cool slightly before tipping into a bowl ready for munching!
Spicy Sesame Kale Chips
- 1 bunch of fresh kale
- 4 Tbsp. Coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. Tahini
- 1 tsp. Chilli powder (adjust according to your spice preference)
- 1 tsp. Himalayan pink salt
- Preheat your oven to 120c and prepare 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Prepare the kale by removing the stalks and tearing the leaves into chip-sized pieces. Then set aside.
- Heat the coconut oil enough so that it is melted and then whisk it together with the tahini, salt and chilli.
- Combine the mixture with the kale leaves in a large mixing bowl, tossing until well covered.
- Spread the leaves out on the baking trays and bake in the oven for about half an hour, or until they are dried and crispy like chips.
- Allow them to cool for 10 minutes or so, then transfer to a large bowl and enjoy!
- 2 cups puffed rice
- 3 Tbsp. peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. Dark chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp. Coconut butter
- Combine the peanut butter, honey and coconut butter in a microwave safe container and microwave for 30 seconds, stir the mixture and if it needs to be softened further, put back for a further 30 seconds.
- Combine the puffed rice, choc chips and protein powder together in a mixing bowl, before pouring the melted mixture onto it.
- Mix until well combined then allow to sit for 5 - 10 minutes until it firms up a little, then using moist hands, roll into bite-sized balls and lay out on a plate.
- Place plate in your fridge for 10+ minutes before serving, to make them nice and firm.