I love being able to whip up something delicious and satisfying even when I have very few ingredients in my cupboard. Which is one of the reasons I enjoy these zucchini & carrot fritters so much! They are quick and simple to make, and only use common ingredients you will likely have in your fridge!
- 2 large zucchini, grated
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 2 green onions, chopped thinly
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tsp. Curry powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- Add the carrot, zucchini, onion, flour, curry powder and salt in a large mixing bowl and toss until combined.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg and the milk together before adding to the other mixture, stirring until well combined.
- Heat some of the oil in a skillet over a medium head then ladle a couple of small portions of the batter on the pan, making sure they don’t touch. Aiming for small pikelet sized fritters.
- Cook for 3- 4 minutes on each side, or until browned, then transfer to a serving plate before continuing to cook the remaining batter.
- These are delicious just as they are, or served as an alternative to burger patty, with a side salad, or even kept in the fridge and munched on cold.