If you hit the weights or the resistance machines, then you are going to gain some lean muscle mass, but ladies… This is a good thing!
Not only does lean muscle mass improve your strength and add feminine shape and definition to your body, it also means that you will be burning more calories doing the simple everyday tasks such as picking up your handbag, or pulling the front door shut!
- Increased strength means makes you more capable, independent and less likely to have to rely on others to lift those heavy boxes!
- Helps protect your joints and keep you mobile, flexible and balanced.
- Increased strength also creates increased stamina, so the more resistance training you do, the longer you can go before tiring!
- Decreases your risk of injury, whether in an accident or during everyday activities such as sports.
- Tones your body and keeps you looking and feeling sexy and feminine.
- Improves your quality of sleep and helps reduce insomnia
- Protects your spine and helps to improve your posture.
- Increases your calorie burning capacity, because the more muscle fibres you have working, the more calories you will burn simply standing up and walking around!
- Increases bone density which helps prevent osteoporosis.
- The stronger and more capable you look and feel on a physical level, the happier and more confident you will be on an emotional level.
Ummm… There really aren’t any! As long as you are being safe, working within your own abilities and keeping good form and technique, there are no negatives to resistance training, only positives!
So stop resisting the resistance training and go hit those weights!