This delicious cheesecake uses healthy, vegan-friendly ingredients to create a nutty, creamy and delicious dessert that will have your tastebuds singing!
- 200g pitted dates (soak half of them for about 30 minutes then drain before use)
- 290g raw cashew nuts (soaked overnight)
- 120g raw pecans (walnuts also work well)
- 90g dark chocolate
- 70g crushed almonds
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 5 Tbsp. Coconut oil
- 4 Tbsp. Maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. Almond butter
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh lemon juice (about 1/2 a small lemon)
- 1 & 1/2 Tsp. Vanilla extract
Making The Crust:
- Combine the dates and pecans in a food processor and blitz until a crumbly paste is formed.
- Prepare a springform pan by lining it with baking paper and lightly greasing, before spreading the crust out along the bottom. Press it down using damp hands and make sure it is evenly spread.
Making The Filling:
- Drain all liquid from cashews then blend in a processor with the coconut milk, 3 Tbsp. coconut oil, 2 Tbsp. maple syrup, the lemon juice and 1 Tsp. of the vanilla extract. Blitz until smooth.
- Pour the filling over the crust and spread out so it is even. Then set aside.
- Combine 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, 2 Tbsp. maple syrup, 2 Tbsp. almond butter and ½ Tsp. Vanilla extract in a small saucepan and melt over a medium heat.
- Once melted, remove from heat and spoon half the ingredients over the cheesecake filling, using a fork to drag it out over the cheesecake giving it a rippled effect.
- Take half of the crushed almonds and spread out over the top, pressing them down lightly.
- Cover your cheesecake and place it in the freezer for about 4 hours, or until set.
- Remove cheesecake from the freezer and set aside to thaw whilst you melt your dark chocolate in a plastic container in the microwave. Do this in 30-second intervals until completely melted.
- Drizzle the chocolate and remaining nut butter sauce (you may need to reheat this to make it soft again) over the cheesecake, then sprinkle with the remaining nuts.
- Serve and enjoy!