Keeping your digestive system running smoothly is important for everyone, especially if like me, you have any sensitivities in this area! A great way of doing this is enjoying foods that are rich in probiotics, because they provide your gut with good bacteria that are essential in aiding digestion.
This delicious tempeh miso soup is packed full of probiotics, as well as being high in protein and loads of other delicious nutrients! It also incredibly easy and quick to make. In fact, you can knock up this delicious soup in 15 minutes or less!
All you need is:
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock (I prefer to opt for low or no sodium)
- 1 cup water
- 3 cup mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 1 large spring onion (scallion), sliced finely
- 1 bunch of Pak Choi (bok choy), washed and sliced
- 150g tempeh, sliced into cubes
- 1 Tbsp. Sweet organic white miso paste
- 1 Tsp. Coconut oil
Bringing it all together:
- Combine the water and stock in a saucepan over a medium heat and bring to a boil before turning the heat down low.
- Stir in the coconut oil and miso paste until well dissolved.
- Then add the mushrooms and tempeh cubes and cook for a further 3 minutes, before adding the pak choi and half of the spring onion.
- When the pak choi has wilted slightly (this will only take a minute or two) remove from the soup from the heat.
- Ladle into a serving bowl, before sprinkling the remaining spring onions over the top.