As you have probably heard me say a million times now, I love salads that combine lots of different flavours (and nutrients) into the one dish! So if like me, you love exciting combinations of flavours in a light and delicious salad, then this pumpkin and peach salad is one you really must try!
- 1/4 pumpkin, sliced into thin half-moons (skin on or off is optional)
- 1 large peach, seed removed and sliced into segments
- 2 large handfuls of baby spinach
- 1/2 Red capsicum, seeds and pith removed and sliced into lengths
- 2 Tbsp. Hazelnuts, lightly roasted
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1/4 cup light ricotta
- 1/2 Tsp. Cumin powder
- 1/4 Tsp. Salt
- Preheat your oven to 220 c, and prepare a shallow baking tray by lightly spraying it with oil. Place your pumpkin out over the tray and sprinkle with the cumin powder and salt before baking for between 30 - 45 minutes, until soft (your baking time will vary depending on the size of your pumpkin slices). Remove and allow to cool.
- In your salad bowl, arrange your baby spinach, pumpkin, peach slices and capsicum slices.
- Use your fingers to break the ricotta up over the salad, then sprinkle with hazelnuts and enjoy!