Looking for a tasty and filling snack that has all the taste satisfaction of an oily treat, yet none of the downsides? Then these delicious eggplant fries are for you!
What you need:
- 1 large eggplant, cut into even sized wedges
- 2 cups bread crumbs (I use gluten free)
- 1 & 1/3 cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. Apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley
- 1/4 Tsp. Onion powder
- 1/4 Tsp. Garlic powder
- 1/4 Tsp. Paprika
- 1/4 Tsp. Cumin
- 1/4 Tsp. Salt
- 1/4 Tsp. Black pepper
Making The Magic:
- Preheat your oven to 220c and prepare two shallow baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ? cup of yoghurt with the parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cumin, apple cider vinegar and half the lemon juice (2 Tbsp.).
- Spread the breadcrumbs out on a plate or shallow bowl.
- Add your eggplant wedges to your yoghurt mixture, making sure they are all covered, then remove one at a time and coat in breadcrumbs before laying out on the baking trays (space them so that they are not touching).
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown, turning them over halfway.
- Whilst they are baking, combine the remaining cup of yoghurt with the remaining lemon juice, the crushed garlic, salt and pepper.
- When the eggplant fries are cooked, lay them out on a serving dish and serve with the creamy garlic dip. Enjoy!