I love discovering delicious, easy to prepare finger foods that I know will impress my dinner guests (as well as my own taste buds!). This one is a particular favourite of mine because it is naturally gluten and grain free, and can be adapted to use whatever I might have in the fridge. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
All you need is:
- 1-2 large sweet potatoes (the fat ones work better than the long skinny ones!)
- 1 cup of cottage cheese
- 1 lime
- 1/4 cup of pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/2 punnet of cherry tomatoes
- A handful of fresh herbs, chopped (parsley, basil, chives and coriander all work well!)
- 1/4 Tsp. Sweet paprika powder
- 1/4 Tsp. Cumin powder
- 1/4 Tsp. Salt
- 1/4 Tsp. Pepper
- Spray olive oil
Putting it together:
- Preheat your oven to 200 c and then Slice your sweet potato into thin, toast like slices of even thickness (skin optional)
- Spray your sweet potato on both sides, before laying them out on a shallow baking tray.
- Combine the salt, pepper, cumin and paprika together and then sprinkle over the top of the potato slices. Bake for 15-25 minutes (depending on the thickness of your slices) making sure they are cooked, but still quite firm. This is to prevent them from breaking. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool.
- When they have cooled, arrange on a serving plate and divide your cottage cheese out amongst them evenly. Spreading it out slightly.
- Slice the olives and tomatoes up, then spread them each on top of the cottage cheese.
- Sprinkle each one with some herbs and squeeze over some fresh lime. Season with a little more salt and pepper to taste, then enjoy!