This delicious gluten free recipe discards traditional toast for a delicious cauliflower alternative. It might be a little fiddlier than popping some toast in the toaster, however, it is low carb, gluten free and absolutely packed full of flavour, so I think you will find it is worth it!
What you need:
- 1 medium cauliflower, chopped into pieces
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 Large spring onion, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup light mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup semi-dried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup light feta - Any feta will do, however I prefer Danish
- 1/4 Tsp. Salt
- 1/4 Tsp ground black pepper
Making the magic:
- Preheat your oven to 240c and prepare a shallow baking tray by lining it with baking paper and lightly spraying it with oil.
- Place cauliflower into a processor and pulse until it resembles the size/consistency of rice, then place in a microwavable container, and cook on high for 7 minutes.
- When the cauliflower has cooled enough to handle, place ¼ of it into a section of cheesecloth, or some durable paper towels, and squeeze out any remaining liquid, then transfer to a mixing bowl. Continue this process with the remaining ¾ of cauliflower.
- Add the egg, mozzarella, salt and pepper to the cauliflower and stir until well combined.
- Spoon out the cauliflower mixture onto the baking tray, trying to form 4 ‘toast-like’ portions.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Then allow them to cool before carefully removing them from the baking sheet.
- Place them onto serving plates, then decorate with avocado, fetta, semi-dried tomatoes and spring onion.