Looking for a new flavour, or a healthy alternative to some of the sugar and sodium filled sauces available? Why not try one of these delicious sauces to not only enhance the flavour of your meal but also add a whole lot more nutrients as well!
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt (remove any liquid)
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped finely
- 1 large garlic clove, minced (you can add more for extra garlicky!)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. fresh mint chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1/4 Tsp. Crushed salt
- Combine yoghurt, lemon juice, olive oil, mint, salt and garlic together in a mixing bowl until well combined.
- Fold in cucumber and then decant into a serving bowl, or add to your food. Tastes amazing with falafels, salads, roast veggies and BBQ foods! Enjoy!
Lemon & Tahini Dressing
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini paste
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 3 Tbsp. nutritional yeast (optional)
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1/2 Tsp. Crushed salt
- Combine lemon juice, water, olive oil and tahini paste together, whisking until well combined.
- Add minced garlic and crushed salt, stirring and tasting. You can add more lemon juice, garlic or salt to get the desired flavour.
- Tastes amazing on salads, on veggie burgers, on roasted vegetables and on rice or couscous meals. Enjoy!
Parsley White Sauce
- 2 cups milk (skim/light or full cream all work fine)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 & 1/2 Tbsp. flour (gluten-free works just fine!)
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp. parmesan cheese (finely grated)
- 1/2 Tsp. crushed salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Crushed black pepper
- Heat oil over a medium flame and then remove from heat and add the flour, working it into the oil to make a thick paste.
- Then add the milk (still keeping it off the heat for now), just a little bit at a time so that it doesn't form lumps until all the milk is added.
- The return to the heat and stir continuously until it becomes thick and starts to bubble.
- Remove from heat and fold in the parsley, parmesan cheese and the salt and pepper.
- This sauce tastes amazing over corned beef, fish dishes or roast vegetables. Enjoy!