Looking for a healthy, protein rich meal that will fill your belly and satisfy your taste buds? Then look no further! Don’t let the words ‘stir fry’ turn you off though, this healthy dish is not only low in fat, it is also packed full of nutrients and absolutely delicious!
- 400gm sirloin steak (or any nice, lean cut)
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into bite sized florets
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup soy or tamari sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Flour
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tsp. Honey
- 1/4 Tsp. Salt
- Use a sharp knife to carefully slice your beef into bite-sized slices, then put the beef, salt, and flour into a plastic bag or container, and shake until well coated.
- Heat the sesame oil in a skillet over a medium heat then add the beef and cook for a minute or two until it is no longer pink, then remove and set aside in a bowl.
- Add the garlic to the skillet and cook for about a minute, before adding the broccoli and the water. Cook this for about 3-4 minutes, or until the broccoli turns bright green and begins to soften.
- Add the vegetable broth, honey, and soy/tamari sauce back to the skillet, along with the beef and stir until all is heated through (for about 1-2 minutes)
- Then it is ready for you to serve and enjoy as is, or over some fresh brown rice.