Looking for a delicious and healthy cake alternative for your next special occasion? This smoothie cake recipe could be just what you are looking for. It is creamy, sweet and delicious, plus it is packed full of goodness! The best thing though is it is so simple to make and requires no baking!
For the base -
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 6 dates, pitted
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut oil
- 1/4 Tsp. Sea salt
For the filling -
- 1 & 1/2 cups raspberries
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 3 Tbsp. macadamia nuts
- 2 Tbsp. Maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp. Lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. Lime zest
Optional for decoration -
- Some fresh strawberries and raspberries
- Chopped macadamia nuts
- Prepare a cake tin by lightly oiling it to prevent sticking.
- The combine all the ingredients for the base in a processor and pulse blend until well combined.
- Tip the ingredients out into the cake tin and press down firmly until evenly spread. Place this in the fridge whilst you prepare the filling.
- For the filling, combine all the ‘filling’ ingredients together in a blender, mixing until well combined.
- Then pour the filling over the base, using a spatula or spoon to spread out evenly, the place in the freezer for around 2 hours, or until firm.
- Remove from freezer and decorate how you would like, before serving.