Love the taste of lamingtons, but not so keen on the gluten? Or perhaps you are just looking for a delicious treat that you can whip up and pass around to guests? Well, these delicious and easy to make, banana lamington pops are full of nutrients, and though they taste amazing, they are still surprisingly healthy!
- 3 firm, yet ripe bananas
- 1 packet of dark melting chocolate (I look for the 70+ % cocoa kind as this has no added dairy)
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- Small skewers, chopped in half, or toothpicks (I prefer the length of the skewers, but this is up to you)
- Toast your coconut by heating a dry skillet over a medium heat and spreading the coconut out over it. Keep moving it around and allowing it to toast, it won't take long so make sure you don't let it burn! When it is ready spread it out onto a plate.
- Then melt your chocolate, either in a microwave or on the stove, by following the instructions on the packet.
- Slice your bananas into 4-6 pieces, depending on the sizes you want.
- Place a skewer into each banana piece and then dip the banana into the melted chocolate, before rolling it over the toasted coconut. (this can get a bit messy, but you can lick your fingers afterward!)
- Lay them out on a serving plate and then you are good to go, enjoy!