Try this delicious post-workout protein-packed ice block recipe for a delicious treat you can really enjoy on those warm days. All you need, aside from the ingredients, is plastic ice block makers, which you can buy at most supermarkets (If you can’t find any, you can improvise using small plastic cups and wooden paddle pop sticks!).
*This recipe is designed to make 6 ice blocks in the standard 6 pack ice block mold.
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh berries (I enjoy blueberries and strawberries)
- 1 scoop of protein powder of your choice (I find vanilla or plain flavours work best)
- 1 Tbsp. Shaved coconut
- Combine the two yogurts in a mixing bowl, then add the protein powder and shaved coconut, mixing well.
- Prepare your berries by washing them and if you are using strawberries or larger berries, you might want to slice them to that they fit well.
- Fold them gently into the yogurt.
- Scoop the mixture into the ice block molds, fixing in the sticks, then place in the freezer on a flat surface and leave for at least 4 hours.
- Enjoy after a workout, or anytime you need a refreshing protein kick!