I love buckwheat pancakes because they are naturally gluten-free and don’t upset my tummy. I also LOVE blueberries, so this combination is for me, a breakfast match made in heaven!
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 punnet of fresh blueberries
- 1/2 tsp. Honey
- 1/2 tsp. Baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- First prepare your blueberry yogurt sauce by combining half of the blueberries, the yogurt, and the honey into a food processor and blending until well combined. Set aside to pour over the pancakes.
- Combine the buckwheat flour, baking powder, salt and almond milk together in a large mixing bowl. Use a whisk to ensure there are no lumps and use a dash more almond milk if you need to, in order to get a nice smooth mixture.
- Heat a frypan over a medium heat and lightly spray with oil.
- Ladle in a portion of the mixture, tilting the pan from side to side to allow the pancake to spread out over the base of the pan. Cook for 2-4 minutes, or until it starts to turn golden brown, before flipping and cooking for a further minute or two on the other side.
- Place cooked pancakes onto a plate and continue cooking them until all the batter is used up.
- Then serve out the pancakes, with a generous dollop of your blueberry yogurt and sprinkle some whole blueberries on top.