Looking for another delicious way you can get your much needed protein hit throughout the day? Well, these delicious almond and oatmeal cookies could be just what you are looking for! They are packed full of goodness, taste amazing and they also freeze really well so you can store them in the freezer in little lunch packs, ready for you to grab when you know you are going to be out all day.
I hope you enjoy them!
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup of egg whites
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 8 scoops of protein powder (vanilla works really well!)
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Cinnamon powder
- 4 tsp. Stevia
- 3 tsp. Vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees and prepare a couple of shallow baking trays by lining them with baking paper and lightly spraying them with oil.
- Combine all the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl, stirring until well combined.
- In a separate bowl mix together all the wet ingredients, making sure they are well combined.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, then add the wet mixture to the middle, and fold it all together until well combined.
- Use a spoon to measure out cookie portions and the roll in damp clean hands before spacing them out over the baking trays, pressing them down a little. Make sure there is plenty of space between each cookie as the mixture will spread as it cooks. It should make between 40-50 cookies, depending on the size you make them.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden and firm.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack, then store them as you would like to.