These delicious carrot cake muffins are grain free and perfect for an afternoon energy kick!
- 2 eggs (3 if they are small eggs)
- 1 & 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut flour
- 2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 & 1/2 tsp. Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. Ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. Ground nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 180c, then prepare an 8 hole muffin tin, with either liners or lightly grease them.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and form a well in the centre, before setting aside.
- Mix the eggs, vanilla essence, oil and honey together in a separate bowl, then pour the mixture into the centre of the dry ingredients, folding it together until well combined.
- Then fold in the grated carrot, again making sure it is well combined.
- Spoon the mixture out into the 8 muffin cups, making sure it is evenly distributed.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until a skewer or toothpick comes out from the center clean.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack and then serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt, or just as is. Enjoy!