I love tacos, and this delicious grilled fish taco recipe is not only healthy and light, it has all the authentic flavours of Mexico!
*This recipe is enough to feed 2-3 people, so you can adjust it depending on how many you are cooking for.
- 6 Tortillas (I use gluten free wraps!)
- 450g white fish of your choice (hake works well!)
- 3 fresh lime, juiced (use more if they are not very juicy)
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 1 radish, sliced finely
- 1 small red onion sliced thinly
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander/cilantro
- 1/4 small red cabbage, sliced finely
- 3 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 tsp. Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. Paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp. Ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (skip this if you don’t like spice!)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional light sour cream and grated cheese
- Whisk together 2 Tbsp. olive oil, half the lime juice, the spices, garlic and some salt and pepper together in a mixing bowl.
- Slice your fish up into strips that can easily be used in your tacos, then place them into the mixing bowl and cover them with the marinade. Allow it to sit for 20 minutes.
- Combine the cabbage, radish, red onion, coriander and the remaining lime juice and olive oil in a large mixing bowl, tossing together and setting aside.
- Preheat your grill to a medium heat and place your fish out evenly, grilling for about 3 minutes per side, or until cooked through, then transfer to a place.
- Heat your tortillas in the microwave for approximately 30 seconds, then divide the fish amongst them, adding some of the cabbage and radish slaw and a couple of slices of avocado. If you want, you can add sour cream and cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!