I hate getting caught out hungry with absolutely nothing healthy on hand to eat. That’s why I always carry healthy snacks around wherever I go. Some of my favourites are organic nuts, fresh vegetable sticks and hummus or these amazing protein muffins. You can make a big batch of these at the beginning of the week that will carry you right through. Best thing is they taste amazing and will satisfy any sweet tooth craving. They are also have no sugar and are completely vegan and gluten free. The extra protein will also help aid recovery, making them the perfect post-workout snack. Hope you guys enjoy the recipe:
3/4 cup oat flour
1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
1/2 cup flaxseed (linseed) meal
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
60g (vegan protein powder, vanilla)
Pinch pink Himalayan salt
3 large or 4 small ripe bananas
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 cup unsweetened applesauce (option: homemade)
1 tsp. organic vanilla extract
1 tbsp. (15 ml/0.5 fl. oz.) melted extra virgin coconut oil
Stevia, to sweeten, optional
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
2. Mix all of the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir well.
3. Place the bananas, almond milk, applesauce, vanilla and coconut oil into a blender and blend well.
4. Mix wet ingredients into dry till just incorporated. Pour dough into lined muffin cups.
5. Bake muffins for 30 or so minutes, or until the top springs back when you touch it. Let the muffins cool down before serving.
NOTES: Make sure you use VERY ripe bananas as this will make the muffins nice and sweet.