There is nothing better then starting your day with a good kick of nutrients. That’s why I always focus on having a delicious breakfast that will give me lots of energy for the day. My F.I.T. Superfood Acai bowl recipe will do just that. Acai is absolutely packed with vitimins and minerals making it a true superfood. I’ve also included other incredible superfoods in this recipe like chia and flax seeds for a good dose of fibre and protein. This smoothie bowl really will give you an absolute boost in the morning and keep you going untill lunch. It's also vegan, gluten free and tastes really good too.
• 1 cup frozen blueberries
• 1 large frozen banana
• Handful baby spinach or kale leaves
• 1 tbsp. açaí powder
• 1 tbsp. chia seed or ground flaxseed (linseed)
• 40g protein powder (whey, or vegan friendly), vanilla
• 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1. Soak the chia seeds for at least 20 minutes in some of the almond milk.
2. Once done combine the soaked chia seeds with the blueberries, banana, spinach, açaí, protein powder, and the rest of the almond milk into a high performance blender.
3. Blend the ingredients until smooth and cream. If needed add a little more almond milk (depending on the consistency you like). Pour or spoon into a bowl. Garnish with small amounts of fresh berries, banana, nuts or seeds.
You can replace the banana with 1 cup frozen strawberries. Top with fresh fruit or some almonds.